Forum

Hello, everyone! Here's the requested information for recruitment.

• Callsign: Bozo
  • Internet connection and speed: Xfinity Ethernet (Wired), 38 Mbps Down, 28 Mbps Up (via Speedtest.net) No lag issues on US servers in recent memory.
  • Timezone: EST (UTC-05:00) [US East Coast]
  • Availability: 6:30 - 10:30 EST is preferred on most days. I am a full-time university student, so Friday/Saturday is best-case-scenario.
  • Flight hours on DCS: 18hrs as per the DCS Logbook, which began recording April of 2021 (I began playing on Steam version in September of 2020, so it is likely slightly higher.)
  • Knowledge level with DCS ME: Admittedly amateur. I have frequently used it for making my own training missions and I am familiar with core concepts, but I am entirely inexperienced in the deeper, scripting side of things.
  • Preferred Chopper: The Mi-24! My flight hours in this aircraft are the least of all rotary that I've flown (Apache, Huey, Hip), but it has scratched an itch that no other has. As a result of that prior experience, I consider my fundamentals and 'muscle memory' for this airframe pretty solid.
  • Expectations with BSD: At BSD, I am expecting to find relaxed milsim and a community of people that just love rotary and flight simming. I've always wanted to go further with my experience in this game, and a "Squadron" seems like the best way to do it. I want to learn, meet new people, find a new level of immersion, and most importantly: have fun flying awesome helicopters.

I am already in the Discord under the username lee#2345.

Thanks for the opportunity, and if staff need any elaboration on these answers please feel free to reach out!

Edit: Thank you for the reply, Yogi! My section on flight hours has been updated accordingly.

• Re: Recruitment Information - Bozo

by » 2 years ago

Welcome to the Den Bozo! 

• Flight hours on DCS: I have 250 hours on Steam, but very early on I switched to the Standalone version that does not track flight hours. That being said, my best estimate is anywhere between 600 and 800 hours. (I have been playing since September of 2020)

Standalone does track your flight hours. On the Main Menu click on "Log Book". It keeps track not only of total time, but time by type, A/A & A/G kills, AAR, death, bails & K/D ratio. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.