Forum

Callsign: Chally

Connection: 300mbps cable

Time Zone: Sierra -6 hrs

Availability: Quite a bit, due to Covid. Normally, evenings and weekends.

Approximate Hours in DCS: About 5 years, mostly in rotary wing modules.

Knowledge level with the editor: Not even dangerous. Why is it in the menu? :) Mad respect to those that make the missions!

Preferred Chopper: Yes! I have the majority of my time in the Mi-8.

Expectations: To have fun with like-minded rotorheads. I enjoy being part of team and helping others.

Real Life Stuff: OIF combat veteran. Former avionics tech/shop manager. Current student helicopter pilot.

• Re: New Application - Chally

by » 3 years ago

Welcome Chally!

Join our discord if you haven't yet.

First thing first we will set up an introduction flight with you. It can be any time that you and an Unit trainer or Instructor pilot are free.

It gives you a good chance to see what we do, how we do and make up your mind if it is for you.
    It also gives us a good chance to see where you are with your skills and what if anything you need to work on.
    Very informal just a flight around the base and maybe a flight out to a ship and back. A chance to chat and get to know each other.

Once you decide you like what you see, you will be asked to join as a trainee. You will have access to all the documents and information to help you advance and learn the helicopters you fly.

The readiness level progression starts at RL3 and moves to RL1. We ask you at least attend once a month to stay current on the training.
    The more you are here and active the more you will learn and advance.

There are many knowledgeable pilots to help you along the way, any questions you have feel free to ask.

So let's start the first step and get a good time to do an introduction flight.

With BSD having both US and EU time zone flights even if you work odd hours you will be able to catch one flight or another.

Welcome to the BSD.

BK,CO
    BSD_EU.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.