Forum

• your call sign: Scatter
  • your age: Way Old
  • your type of internet connection and speed: I dont know the speed (Verizon Fios Fiber Optic), but it is fast enough to get the job done.
  • your timezone: EST (Albany, NY)
  • your availability during the week: I'm retired so I'm pretty flexible, but I prefer afternoons and early evenings.
  • number of flight hours already spent on DCS:  I haven't tracked the hours I have flown, but I have been using DCS for about three years, off and on.
  • your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor: Beginner to Novice. I can use LOTATC as well.
  • your preferred chopper (you can love them all!): Gazelle 
  • your expectations w.r.t BSD.:  For the last year or so, I have been flying the F-16 with the VAF. I just recently started to fly helicopters, starting with the Huey. I switched to the Gazelle and regretted it at first, but I'm starting to like it. I much prefer flying helicopters to fixed wing (I have 30 hours in a Robinson R-22). I consider myself close to inept with the Gazelle,  but I want to get to a point where I can fly with others in simulated combat missions. Flying alone is ok, but flying VR with other pilots is a whole other experience. 
  • Re: Recruitment (Scatter)

by » 3 years ago

Hello Scatter and welcome to BSD!

Thanks for your introduction. Good to see a Gazelle pilot in the US region! Yes, choppers are much more exciting to fly than fixed wing for sure (also have FW PPL and 60 hours R-22). And yes, flying MP is usually a one way ticket from flying SP.

Your next move: jump on our discord server (link on the front page) and give us a shout for your introduction flight. Nothing too formal. A good MP flight to meet us and for us to meet you. No fail/pass.

See you soon online!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.