Forum

Hello All,

First of all - thanks for a stellar welcoming from all! Make you feel really welcome

Real name is Peter and I use the call sign Ogre. Lives in Sweden and works within IT. In my youth, many moons ago, I got my Commercial Fixed wing license as well as becoming a Fixed Wing CFII. Worked on a flight school on and off for a couple of years and also got the chance to get my Helicopter PPL. After that I always regretted spending so much time and money on the Fixed Wings - loved flying the R22. This was in the early 90's and I then returned to Sweden and canned the flying career in favor of IT but have been playing around with flight sims on and off since then.

Call sign:  Ogre

Age ... if you have to know .. : 53

Type of internet connection and speed: 100MB Fiber

Timezone:  CET

Availability during the week and or weekends: During Corona times at least 1-2 evenings a week and also weekends, when things are more normal a little dependent on work and travel

Approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS: 75+, On and off over several years. Tried a lot of various aircraft mostly A10, Helos and the warbirds

Knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor:  Basic

Preferred chopper: UH1 and when it arrives the Kiowa

Expectations w.r.t BSD.: Get into Multiplayer and more Coop missions with team work and a lot of fun. I have flown missions on my own and are really looking forward to some more immersion with radios, strategy and some fun action. Like to fly cargo, medevac and scouting missions, I am OK in attack roles if needed. Really looking forward to the Kiowa and are crossing my fingers for multicrew in the bird from the start, that would be a great treat. 

As a side note, I am also building my own Sim rig with custom made collective, pedals and some panels, not super-realistic but functional to makes things more fun, looking forward to perhaps try these in a more real scenario and perhaps exchange some ideas with other members. 

Looking forward to meet you all and take the flying to the next level!

/Peter

• Re: New Application - Ogre

by » 3 years ago

Hi Ogre!

Thanks for this intro.

Yes, we have a lot of pilots here eagerly waiting for the Kiowa. It's gonna be an interesting challenge next year to deploy this chopper as we will all be noobs on it. You will most likely be attached to the EU company UH platoon since you are a Huey driver. There is a need for you to choose what role you will want to fly (OH, UH. AH) as trainings are different depending on the role and we are taking pride in having pilots specifically good at one role and not pilots that can fly anything in a not so good way. But transfers from one platoon to another is always possible.

You will also find some insane pit builders too. You'll find that out very soon.

Your next move is to jump on the BSD discord server (if you are not already there) and give our instructors a shout for an introduction flight so you can meet us and we can meet you. No worry, not a pass/fail exam.

See you soon on line!

• Re: New Application - Ogre

by » 3 years ago

Welcome Ogre! 
    I did see you on Discord and yes getting you into Multi player is going to be a whole new world for you. Shout out on Discord when you want to go up

I can take you up for a Fam flight or one of my IP's can. Welcome to the group, and lets get you in the air!

BK

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.