in RECRUITMENT 3 years ago
  • your call sign
    • Tiger
  • your age (must be over 18 years old)
  • your type of internet connection and speed
    • Fiber, 200Mbs
  • your timezone
    • Chicago (CDT)
  • your availability during the week and or weekends.
    • Most nights post 7pm Central, can do earlier once or twice a week.  
  • your approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS
    • ~40 Mission hours flying with JTF-1
  • your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor
    • I can load and operate mission, have moved some assets around, but haven't gotten into any of the scripting behind the scenes.
  • your preferred chopper (you can love them all!)
    • UH-1. I'd like to learn the Gazelle, but my previous group only flew the UH-1s.  I'm really looking forward to the OH-58 coming out and being able to play the scouting role. 
  • your expectations w.r.t BSD.
    • I'd really like to learn more tactics on the strategy of the missions.  Really understanding the stresses and pilot workloads.  I want to fly with a group of people that are pretty chill (Accepting of honest mistakes as long as they're improved upon), but are seriously working towards a common goal.  

About Me:

• I'm a software engineer by trade. I work on Military RW platforms, mostly on the systems side of the house now.  I love playing flight sim games and have since I was a kid.  I got into DCS about 3 years ago, and flew quite a bit until my second child was born.  Now that he's almost 2, I'm able to get back into it a bit.  I  look forward to hearing back from you all, and hopefully can dust off some of my skills and get back into the game :)

• Re: Tiger

by » 3 years ago

Hello Tiger and thanks for this intro! Sorry for the delayed reply. We have a lot of pilots looking forward to flying the 58 and I am one of them. 2021 should be very busy with the 24 and the 58. 
    i think (i hope!) you will love to fly with us. Your next move is to join our Discord server and give a shout to one of our IP or UT for your introduction flight. It’s an informal flight to get to know each other, let you ask questions you might have about us amd for us to gauge a bit what need to be done w.r.t training. This is not a fail/pass test.

looking forward to flying with you online soon!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.