Forum

your call sign: Solex

your age (must be over 18 years old): 45

your type of internet connection and speed: 75/75

your timezone: UTC+1, The Netherlands.

your availability during the week and or weekends: I work 24hr shifts at the firedepartment, then iam off for 3 days :) No fixed times or days.

your approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS: I have been flying on DCS since Blackshark came out, thousands of hours.

your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor: Moose, Mist/CTLD and the editor are things I play around with. I can make missions.

your preferred chopper (you can love them all!): Ka-50, but I have them all. Looking very much forward to the Kiowa and the Hind.

your expectations w.r.t BSD: Meeting new flying buddies, iam looking for a active group of friends.

about me: 45, two kids and a girlfriend, ex-airforce and now working as a fireman and volunteer policeofficer. In DCS I have been with a couple of other squads, 159th GAR (dissolved), 132rd Virtual Wing (flew the Ka-50 with Reznik, but they were not very active when I was there) and TAW flying the Mirage 2000. I have a HOTAS, pedals and use VR.

Keep the spinning thing on top!

• Re: New Application - Solex

by » 3 years ago

Welcome Solex, you are in good company as we have a member from your neck of the woods who also law enforcement. Yep we have cops, firefighters, vets and active military. Welcome to the group. Nice set up.

First thing first we will set up an introduction flight with you. It can be any time that you and an Unit trainer or Instructor pilot are free.

It gives you a good chance to see what we do, how we do and make up your mind if it is for you.
    It also gives us a good chance to see where you are with your skills and what if anything you need to work on.
    Very informal just a flight around the base and maybe a flight out to a ship and back. A chance to chat and get to know each other.

Once you decide you like what you see, you will be asked to join as a trainee. You will have access to all the documents and information to help you advance and learn the helicopters you fly.

The readiness level progression starts at RL3 and moves to RL1. We ask you at least attend twice a month to stay current on the training.
    The more you are here and active the more you will learn and advance.

There are many knowledgeable pilots to help you along the way, any questions you have feel free to ask.

So let's start the first step and get a good time to do an introduction flight.

With BSD having both US and EU time zone flights even if you work odd hours you will be able to catch one flight or another.

Welcome to the BSD.
    BK,CO
    BSD_EU.

• Re: New Application - Solex

by » 3 years ago

Welcome Solex nice to meet you and fly with you look forward to more. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.