Forum

Jaba application

in RECRUITMENT 4 years ago

Callsign: Jaba

Type of internet connection and speed:  Broadband, 130 down/19 up

Timezone: GMT -6 (CST)

Availability during the week: I work 2nd shift, I'm most available on the weekends from around noon through to the early morning. Weekdays typically 0100-0500

Number of flight hours already spent on DCS: I havent kept a logbook. Most of my time is in the Hornet, Harrier, and Huey

Knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor: I've have made some very basic missions just for myself to practice on, but it's nothing to write home about.

Preferred chopper (you can love them all!): Blackhawk. Seeing how we don't have that, the modules I do own are Huey and Gazelle. I'm looking forward to the Kiowa and the Hind, and am considering learning the Hip if needed for Afghanistan '79 style missions. I have all 4 DCS maps.

Expectations w.r.t BSD.: A structured training environment and an organized mission environment to use that training in. Semi-serious in terms of attitude. 

As an additional blurb, I'm somewhat comfortable in the Huey and not at all familiar with the Gazelle. I find all the roles available interesting, but perhaps the cat and mouse nature of the scout role interests me most. Currently I only have "experience" with lift. Recently I've started doing skins in my spare time, but its a long tedious process. I'm currently getting a WOFT package together for the US Army, so any experience or advice from actual pilots would be much appreciated. I know this a predominantly DCS focused group, but if anyone has any advice or experience with other sims(Xplane, FSX) I'd be interested in that as well.

• Re: Jaba application

by » 4 years ago

Thanks Jaba for this excellent intro.

Considering your time schedule, I am wondering if you would fit more in the EU group than in the US group. US group is mostly flying evenings weekdays from 2100 EST. EU is flying weekdays 1400 or 1500 EST. Then weekdays we are mostly flying all together around 1500 EST. 

We will ask you to choose a role, like scout for the Gaz and 58D, or attack for Ka50 and Mi8. Choosing a role is required so we can provide you with the specific training for this role.

I think I saw you already on the BSD Discord server so give us a shout there and see with an IP or UT if you can have your introduction flight. The Intro flight is an informal MP flight for you to meet us and us to meet you. If you know how to cold start your chopper and fly around while maintaining a descent constant heading/speed/altitude, this should be a walk in the park for you.

See you soon online.

by » 4 years ago

Morning Jaba (UK here).........look forward to flying with you in the gazelle if that is your preferred choice in BSD. However there is nothing stopping you from going through with both airframes you own if you want. Once you are approved we will look to get you an intro flight sorted. Its nothing taxing and more a chance for you to get to know us and see what we are all about. See you on the deck when you're ready.

by » 4 years ago

hey there Jaba, great to see you here now at BSD. 
    We have some Real Life Pilots here, I´m sure that Eagle-Rising will give you advice on your approach becoming a Real Life Pilot in the US Army. He flies the Blackhawk and is High Command Member in BSD.
    According to your progression here, you will fly an Intro Flight with your most prefer Module, once done you´ll be assigned to a Platoon (either UH, or OH from what I´ve been reading). Then you will make your way through RL Training to be able to participate in Missions.

Since we already flew together, send me a message with what Module you´d like to fly and I´ll organize things for you.

Welcome to BSD.

by » 4 years ago

Im certainly interested in the gazelle,  but ive only flown a few minutes in it, and dont even know how to cold start it. Im guessing OH is gonna get real popular when the kiowa drops, so if you guys need me to do lift instead, i can do that as well. Ill DM you Memphis about getting an eval flight set up.

by » 4 years ago

Welcome Jaba
    You are now promoted to Private with trainee status.
    You now have access to The Pilots mess and the BSD library.
    Our welcome guide is HERE
    BSD SOP is HERE
    Brevity is HERE
    Our mods that you will need are HERE
    Tutorial for the mods HERE

Simple radio is required. You can find that HERE

For a quicker access to our missions until you can read the SOP, here is a quick reference handbook.

Your training file has been built make sure you log your flight time every time you fly with a BSD member. Use commas not decimals. A flight in your log book is 2,5 not 2.5. Also check out the 1000 task's in the menu. HERE  
    We will start your RL training right away, feel free to join any Training mission you can.

That's what you will work on first. When you are ready to get checked off on a decent group of them, ask for an IP to fly with you and verify.

Your hours (defined as time flying a helicopter with one or more BSD pilots) are logged on the website under Pilots/Pilot logbook / military file, and the Platoon you pick, UH,OH or AH

Welcome to the group, I look forward to flying with you soon again.

Remember our servers are 24/7 and you may use them anytime you wish. Missions can be started through the F10 menu, and are grouped by airfield/takeoff.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.