Forum

Ok, my first post for the application form and presentation:

• your call sign: marques
  • your age (must be over 18 years old) 47, definitively over 18.
  • your type of internet connection and speed currently, optical fiber symetric 300 mbps
  • your timezone Spain, so UTC+1 and UTC+2 in summer
  • your availability during the week and or weekends. Initially I have a pretty good flexibility in terms of availability, although the biggest problem may be the time difference with you guys.
  • your approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS I don´t know, hundreds. Most of them with the ka-50
  • your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor good theoretical knowledge, but never did a mission, sadly.
  • your preferred chopper (you can love them all!) Mainly ka-50, eager to learn also the UH-1 and Gazelle.
  • your expectations w.r.t BSD. I´m currently flying in a spanish virtual squadron, in which I´m the instructor of the ka-50 for the new recruits. Missions are fun and with lots of participants but, as the level of pilots is heterogeneus, missions tend to be simplified somewhat and procedures are applied loosely and complex tactics cannot be used. So I don´t want to abandon my current squadron but I´m seeking to learn and fly in a more realistic and demanding way in terms of tactics and procedures, and I think this is a good place for this.

and out of the form, my presentation. I´ve been flying the ka-50 for years in my squadron, and actually I think I´m fairly competent in the helo systems, although I can be a little rusted in the less used systems, like some of the pages of the abris. I´m a decent pilot, only decent, although I learnt with my old G940 FF joystick and, since it died and was substituted by a warthog, I´m struggling to gain practice and fluency with a non FF joy. God I miss my G940! In where I can, and I want to, learn a lot is in team tactics, procedures, etc... and I´d like to learn also to use the huey and gazelle in due time.

I own a decent rig, with a warthog and I fly in VR, with the pros an cons of that technology. I´m in the starting phase of building a full blown pit for DCS, by the way.

Because of my job I may not be available for several weeks from time to time, but my compromise is to try to fly as much as possible with you guys, although I´m a little worried with the time difference. Appart from that, the other possible problem may be the language, as english is obviously not my native language and I don´t know how I´ll perform flying in an english speaking environment.

• Re: New application for marques

by » 6 years ago

Ola Marques and thanks for this excellent intro.

Are you flying in the same squad as captain Zeen? We are discussing together to have a common operation during weekend afternoons. We are struggling a bit with members in EU because, as you said, of the time difference. We often have flights in the evening here in the US and that's like 2 AM for you guys. We can have flights during the weekends in the afternoon which is better for EU, but that's pretty irregular. We are trying to reach a critical mass for EU pilots to have also events organized at more reasonable times but our existing ones are quickly worn out by having to stay up late.

by » 6 years ago

BaD CrC wrote:

Ola Marques and thanks for this excellent intro.

Are you flying in the same squad as captain Zeen? We are discussing together to have a common operation during weekend afternoons. We are struggling a bit with members in EU because, as you said, of the time difference. We often have flights in the evening here in the US and that's like 2 AM for you guys. We can have flights during the weekends in the afternoon which is better for EU, but that's pretty irregular. We are trying to reach a critical mass for EU pilots to have also events organized at more reasonable times but our existing ones are quickly worn out by having to stay up late.

thanks for the welcome! Yes, I fly regularly wiht Capt. Zeen, he is my "boss" in the helicopter wing of the Escuadron69. And regarding the flying schedule... we will see how I may handle the situation. In any case, I´m looking forward to start my evaluation!

by » 6 years ago

Sounds cool. I am planning to have the Captain and some of his pilots flying with us very soon. Do you own the new Persian Gulf map? We are flight testing a mission actually tonight that I am planning to propose to Escuadron69.

We have several pilots here qualified to have you do a quick introduction flight, maybe this weekend? I guess you are pretty fluent in the Ka-50 so maybe we can fly the Huey. Also, we are using SimpleRadio for our communications. Are you familiar with it?

I should be able to fly Sunday afternoon. Then I am traveling until the 27th so you will have to go through our instructors like BlackWolf, Fargo, Eagle, Ten or Reed. There is a set of qualifications to run through that are usually pretty simple for experienced pilots. After your intro flight, you'll have access to all the documentation and to a welcome kit that will explain a bit more how we are working.

by » 6 years ago

Hi Marques and welcome to the BSD! 

I'm around at different times because of my work schedule so if you see me (or my other partners in crime) on we can get the intro flight done, just let me know. 

Good to have another KA-50 driver around! Both the Huey and Gazelle are a lot of fun to learn as well. Looking forward to flying with you some day. 

BK

by » 6 years ago

Welcome Sir!   

You'll have a good time here.  We have a lot of fun and do some really great missions.

by » 6 years ago

great, this is moving!

BadCrC, I was aware of Zeen´s plans for flying with an international group, but I did not know that they were you guys.

Yes, I do own all theatres, I do have SR (it´s mandatory for the flights in the E69´s helicopter missions, and fastly spreading out to the other missions) and, most importantly, YES! I´m impatient to take this introductory flight. This sunday whould be possible, and even tonight. I´m not sure if the test flight that you are refering was thursday night (yesterday for me) or actually today fryday. If it is tonight, pending the timing I could participate. If not, as I said, sunday whould be great.

Blackwolf, fargo, thanks for the welcome, I´m looking forward to fly with you. How can I know that you are around? What do you use as communication/gathering software? Teamspeack?

by » 6 years ago

Hey Marques,

We are on discord. Check out the Discord icon on the social bar right of the page and click on connect. You need a discord account of course, but it is free and much better than Teamspeak. We had a nice mission last night with Ka-50 and since you are familiar with this aircraft, I thought you could have joined. I'll set up something at 15 EST, that's 9 PM for you. It is OK? You need to join BSD discord channel first of course.

by » 6 years ago

We have a discord server! 

Quite a few of us lurk there all day long.

Here is an invite:

https://discord.gg/FGt6TB

by » 6 years ago

ok, discord installed. Tonigt at 21:00 cannot be obviously. Too late now. I´m flying a bit with the gazelle now, but I´ll try to show up on discord afterwards.

by » 6 years ago

well, looks I´ve lost my first window of opportunity. Tomorrow saturday is going to be a bit busy for me, but if you please tell me a time for sunday, I´ll be there for the initial flight.

Thanks!

by » 6 years ago

Should be 9PM for you Marques.

by » 6 years ago

rgr that, I saw the mission on the calendar, but I cannot inscribe in it. I´ll be there at 20:50.

I´d had preferred a bs, though, as my knowledge of the uh is limited...

by » 6 years ago

We had a lot of "BS" there!

The ship sinking with all of us landed on it was LMFAO funny.

It's really great to have you aboard marques, and I hope you stick around and fly with us for a very long time.  You're obviously very capable in the helicopter and approach things seriously.  

Looking forward to flying with you Ka-50 style!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.