Forum

your call sign: Havoc65
your age: 54 <<< OLD MAN! well, on the outside yes, but you ask my wife and she`ll say "bloody big kid!"
your type of internet connection and speed: BT infinity2 76mb. 
your timezone: Oxfordshire England G.M.T
your availability during the week:  i work a 3 week rotation, mornings 6:00 am till 1:30pm, Afternoons 1:30pm till 9:00pm, late`s 9:30pm until 5:00am so some weeks i will be available and weekend too , if the wife don`t scream and cry she wants some attention.
number of flight hours already spent on DCS: had the original Blackshark, had a hard time with that, then only just started to get back in to dc fly last year with the A10c but my first love has always been that man killer  KA-50. So purchased bs2 and what a difference probably clocked about 200 + hours but only single player about 200HRs for multiplayer 0.
your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor: At present i am working on ka50 training mission with points n scoring system all done in the editor, the idea is to have something similar to the maple flags mission for the A10. Read the manual backwards forwards dissected the bloody thing, but lets face it, its not very helpful.  
your preferred chopper (you can love them all!): KA-50, Its the Russian in me.
your expectations w.r.t BSD.:  To have some Fun, but also like to learn the full potential of the ka-50 from a training point of view with fellow mature pilots.

• Re: New application form for : Havoc65

by » 6 years ago

Welcome Havoc65,

Thanks for the nice introduction. Wow you do have some hours in my favorite chopper! I'd love to see the Maple flag with a KA-50.

We are East coast based but we do have chaps in the UK, most of our flights are done on the weekends so we can include everyone. Some training is during the week and would be about 2 AM for you. We do repeat it on a weekend day as well for any who could not join. We are a mix of chopper pilots, some love just one and some fly a few or all of them. There is not a requirement to own any of them, fly what you got and what you like.

We do more of a co-op type of game not a true Player V Player multiplayer server, IE spawn, get shot down, spawn, rinse and repeat. It gets old quick. If you have some time this weekend I'd like to get together with you and do a introduction flight. Nothing special just a flight around town and we can chat a little as well. And 54 isn't old I'm about 4 years behind you so shh! Not old, LOL

BK

by » 6 years ago

Hi Havoc65 (or spanner?). Whichever you choose, but it will be easier to have only one callsign/login.

Glad to see another EU based pilot. We need to grow the group there so we can have more regular flights at reasonable hours for you guys.

You are an early adopter I can see of BlackShark I can see. I did start DCS too in 2009 with BS1.(it wasn’t called DCS at that time). So you have single and multi player experience if I understand you well?

Here at BSD, we are flying on all the choppers. It’s good on one side because it never gets boring and it’s bad on the other side because if you are flying only one type of chopper, you’ll get less opportunity to fly. The K50 is a geat chopper for the complexity of its systems, but there is so much assistance that flying her is relatively easy. On the side of the ED offer, the Huey is super basic but her flight model makes it master. In the middle, you have the Mi8 and the gazelle.

I hope soon the Mi24 will be available and my guess is that everybody will want to fly her as it a bit of a mix between an mi8 and a ka50.

Anyway, let’s have an introductory flight. Maybe this weekend? Let us know when you are available between now and next week.

by » 6 years ago

Blood and bloody ashes! At last someone who understands and loves the term bloody as much as I do. That's to good to be true.

With this one out of the way I can finaly say

Hi Havoc(65),

it's really nice to have you in this group of "flying maniacs". Not only because you're another pilot comming from Europe but also as someone who understands the pain and pleasure which only helicopters can give you.

Furthermore I'd highly recomend getting a second heli for cross training. You see flying as lead with an helicopter which can literally brake withing a blink of an eye is kinda tricky if you have a helicopter right by your side which hates to change it's current flying condition. Let's take the UH-1 (Huey) as an example that thing needs miles to slow down from 100 kts to a dead hover. The SA342 (Gazelle), however, can stop literally on the spot. That way you'll get a grasp for decelerating in formation flight.

Anyway it's good to have you on our side as I already said before.

Greetings Dragoon

by » 6 years ago

Welcome aboard Sir!   

I'm flying the Ka-50 now primarily so looking forward to being in formation with you soon.

/Fargo

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.