Forum

I come to this server with a background in American civil aviation; I have no military flight experience in real life. I've flown single- and multi-engine propeller airplanes in Arizona and New England USA, and accumulated about 4,500 actual flight hours. Until the first flight simulator games started appearing, I had never flown a jet-powered aircraft and certainly had never flown a rotary-wing aircraft. I fly in VR, and I use VoiceAttack to control typing and button pushing. I do have a Thrustmaster Warthog setup, with Saitek pedals... I figured I was spending enough time flying that I should afford a good system.

My callsign is GuitarMan... because my 2nd favorite hobby is playing acoustic guitar.

I am most certainly over 18 years old. I watched Apollo 11 launch in person, so that will give you an idea.

Presently, my Internet connection is 46 Mbps down and 7 Mbps up.

My time zone is MST (Tango, UTC-7). Arizona does not observe Daylight Saving Time, so it's always UTC-7.

I am generally available from about 1400Z until after 0000Z, every day.

I started flying SU-27 Flanker when it first came out, and bought LOMAC, then the A-10C module, and just kept going. I guess I have over 2,000 flight hours in DCS, including over 400 in helicopters.

I have some capability in the DCS Mission Editor, but I consider the programming very difficult to work with.

I can fly and fight the AH-64 Apache, but I find myself returning to the UH-1H Huey. The lack of modern systems appeals to me, and its mission is exactly what I like to do: Resupply, rescue, scout, and directly support ground units in contact.

So, I expect to continue to learn more about my aircraft and how to employ it in a team-based combat environment, to continue to develop my skills so that I can contribute effectively, and to have a whole lot of fun while doing it!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.