Forum

Hi, I'm Huck.

30 YO web app developer

I have Komodo UH1 controls, HTC Vive, ridiculously beefy computer, gigabit internet, though I'm currently running over WiFi on a crappy and slow router at this time, that will all change once I start building a home server rack and roll out my own router

229th AHB, CW4, senior rated in Huey and Hip, Mission qualified, Gunship rated, XO of A Company 

Charter member of [H] group, which is a no-commitment social & learning community centered around the DCS Huey, but we also dabble with the other DCS Helis. 

[H] group flies together most every Sunday at 2 EST, we are always looking for casual events & informal operations to fly jointly with other heli groups.

Pet projects include websites huey.life and hind.life; the latter is very empty, waiting till I become profient in it before I start posting content.

I also have developed a few mods, mainly centered around DCS Helis.

I just released a new update for Unlock-Aircraft-Liveries yesterday, the zip download in releases section is OvGME compatible, and removes faction restrictions from basically all the aircraft skins, so when you fly in single or multiplayer, you can select from all the stock liveries in the rearm menu, and everyone will be able to see them.

SLbot was a thing I made, but I havent updated it in years, so it may not be completely functional. It's a native windows app that lets you run a web server and discord bot, and lets you feed SLmod statistics to the server, to be seen online or queried in your discord with bot commands. 

I've got a youtube channel where I livestream uncut footage, if you go back in history you'll see where it was mostly DCS for a long time. I've got training videos, mission videos, lots of goofing around videos.

Those who know me know I don't speak very well. My comms are minimal over radio and discord, but I can manage. I usually like to type where possible.

I hope to get plugged in under the tutelage of Molevich for the Mi-24. He was one of my trainers in the 8.

• Re: Huckleberry's Application

by » 3 years ago

Hello Huck,

Thanks for applying to BSD, You have an impressive resume.

I am not sure I understand why you are joining us though considering your existing commitment with the 229th. We are already very active when it comes to multi squadron events and there is no need to apply for BSD if you want to organize this kind of event. We have a couple of dedicated channels where we can have you set up as guest so you can communicate with us.

As for Mole, he is kind enough to give us his time for training Mi24 pilots that will fly with BSD, and not pilots that will fly in other squadrons afterwards. The whole BSD philosophy is about giving and receiving or it won't work.

Contents created during BSD events are usually uploaded on BSD YT and FB pages.

Can you please elaborate a bit more your intentions? Thanks!

by » 3 years ago

Hi BaD,

These are valid points. Let me address them.

Can you please elaborate a bit more your intentions?1) To learn the Hind (half the fun)
    2) To fly the Hind with BSD and participate in some missions (the other half of the fun)
    3) To better position myself to provide DCS Hind content back to the community. Whether that's in the form of livestreams, blog posts/articles/tutorials on hind.life, mods, or casual parroting of the things I've learned to other folks, which I used to do a lot of too back when I was actively training.

I am not sure I understand why you are joining us though considering your existing commitment with the 229th.I'm not applying as an ambassador of 229th. I'm not hiding my affiliation & longstanding history with 229th either. So if that's a deal breaker, I guess that's that.

We are already very active when it comes to multi squadron events and there is no need to apply for BSD if you want to organize this kind of event.I'm not applying with the purpose of organizing or bringing attention to joint-ops; I added that part to my application above to showcase the type of stuff I've worked on for the DCS Helicopter community at large, also just letting people know it exists if they don't already.

As for Mole, he is kind enough to give us his time for training Mi24 pilots that will fly with BSD, and not pilots that will fly in other squadrons afterwards.I understand you'd want me to be active and participate in missions, which sounds like a lot of fun and is a big reason I'm trying to connect in the first place.
    If the concern is that I will be spending all my time flying with other groups after I learn how to fly the hind, that's not my intention.
    If there are deeper concerns, pertaining to conflict of interest with different groups' methodology, documentation, and sharing or leaking into other groups, please know that sharing privileged info or assets is not my intention either.

The whole BSD philosophy is about giving and receiving or it won't work.You acknowledged my resume. I hope its clear that I try to engage with this community and give back in as many ways as I can. I do work full time, and sometimes I can be quite lazy, but I do provide value back to the community in numerous ways. If there's nuance or restriction of what and to whom you'd like me to give back, I'm receptive to that. If there are things other than being active in missions that I'm expected to give back directly to BSD, I'd like to know more about that too. Or anything else you want to talk about, happy to discuss here or in PM at your prerogative.

by » 3 years ago

OK. Thanks for using your time to clarify. It's a lot clearer to me now. We are always happy to get some RW passionate people here and don't worry about your previous affiliation, we have a lot of ex 229th here.

Looking forward to flying with you soon on BSD servers. I am sure you'll be cleared for ops in record time considering your experience. I hope you'll find what you are looking for in a RW squadron at BSD,

Jump on the Discord server and get mole (or another Mi24 IP) to take you through your intro flight (details in the email you received) and let's start to fly.

Welcome to BSD.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.