Forum

• your call sign: MaxSteele
  • your age (must be over 18 years old): 20 years old.
  • your type of internet connection and speed: Fiberoptical, 250/250.
  • your timezone: CET, Stockholm.
  • your availability during the week and or weekends: Depends. I work weekends every other week (as it stands right now, even that might change) and just two days the other week. A bit here and there, to put it simply.
  • your approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS: A guess would be somewhere between 50 and 100 hours in helos, about the same in fixed wing. 
  • your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor: Bare minimum.
  • your preferred chopper (you can love them all!): UH1H.
  • your expectations w.r.t BSD: I've always liked DCS, since I started playing it, but most communities I've found just focus on fixed wing. I've played a bit of that too, of course, but being able to stop mid air is just the absolute alpha move, and helicopters tend to be better at that. I was in one community for a short while, as a Huey pilot, but the community in general was oriented around fixed wing, and my experience was that helos were added in just for the sake of it, and contributed to exactly nothing during the missions. I instead had the feeling that I was more in the way than I was helping, and though it's obviously not a real mission, it takes away the pleasure from it. When I found this unit I thought it seemed like something for me. I hope to develop my flying skills and, probably more importantly, all the other stuff you just simply don't get in single player such as radio comms, procedures, cooperating both with the own flight, and other types of flights. It's always interesting to talk to new people, especially ones with real world experience. I myself have none of that, but I'm willing to learn. It makes it so much easier to progress when someone who knows what they're talking about teaches you instead of trying to learn on your own. But, all in all, what I expect most of all is to fly and have lots of fun!
  • Re: Application - MaxSteele

by » 3 years ago

Hello MaxSteele,

Thanks for the intro. Are you flying with MEA?

Welcome to the safe heaven for helicopter pilots where Fixed Wing are forbidden. Hope you like it here. Jump on our Discord Channel and give a shout to an instructor for an intro flight. Make sure you understands the minimum requirements for this checkride!

Looking forward to flying with you!

BaDCrC

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.