Forum

• your call sign
    • Breeze
  • your age (must be over 18 years old)
  • your type of internet connection and speed
    • 100 mbps Down, 10 mbps Up
  • your computer setup
    • i-7 processor, GTX-1050 4 gig Ram, 8 gig system Ram (16 soon), Saitek x-45 and lots of black duct tape
  • your timezone
    • -7 (UTC) Pacific Time Zone
  • your availability during the week and or weekends.
    • I am available most evenings and weekends.
  • your approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS
    • 300+ KA-50, 30- UH-1H, 5-SA342, 2- Mi-8
  • your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor
    • I am proficient with basic mission editing without scripting.
  • your preferred chopper (you can love them all!)
    • KA-50 with UH-1H and SA342 close behind.
  • your expectations w.r.t BSD.
    • I am wanting to hang out and enjoy flying with other helicopter simulation enthusiasts and to learn new skills from other pilots.
  • Re: Application for TheBreeze

by » 5 years ago

Hi Breeze! Welcome to the Blacksharkden.

We have a few others in the Pacific time zones as well. Training on Tuesdays 9pm EST and missions on Thursdays 9pm EST but we do a lot of flights during the week and weekends. There is somebody on most of the time. One thing that should be on the application that isn't is what maps you have. Not required to own any but we run the Persian Gulf map for a lot of missions. Nevada every once in a while.

Next step is to join the discord if you haven't yet and get with a Unit trainer(Blue guys) or a Instructor pilot (Red guys) and request a introduction flight. This gives you a chance to see what we do, how we do and to check us out to make sure we are a good fit for you. It gives the UT/IP a chance to see where you are in your skills and where, (if any) things to work on. Very informal, just an easy flight.

Once that is done and you think we are a good fit you will gain access to all the SOP docs and others. The goal is to get you to a Readiness Level of 2 as quick as we can. you start as RL3. Most of the RL2 can be done in a few flights. We don't normally do the PVP servers as a group, BSD mission builders make our missions, detailed with scripts and power point briefings as well. We run two servers and Simple radio server for all to use at anytime. Missions are running all the time.

We don't require you to be at every training or mission as real life comes first but we would like to see you at least once a month. So if this sounds good lets get started!

Welcome to the BSD!

BK.

by » 5 years ago

Thank You for the welcome and quick reply. I will get on discord and meet you fine folks. For maps I have Caucus only but will pick up the others soon - I am hoping for a spring sale :)

by » 5 years ago

Hey Breeze,

Good to have you. KA50 will always be my first love, hope to be flying with you soon. Map wise, for now you just need Persian Gulf other than Caucus. Looking forward to seeing you online.

Thank you said by:

by » 5 years ago

Welcome Breeze! Thanks for your introduction. Looking forward to fly with you soon! Make sure you have your intro flight set up as soon as possible!

Thank you said by:

by » 5 years ago

Thanks Guys. I will be able to be on most of the weeknights this week to get the intro flight scheduled. Hope you guys have a great week. See you in the sky.

by » 5 years ago

So let's have your intro flight this coming Thursday (we usually have trainings on tuesday but this week is inverted due to a mission one of our member is setting up on Tuesday). Is Thursday OK for you? What's your earliest availability time wise? We are usually starting at 2100 EST, that's 1800 for you, is it OK?

Please join our discord channel too if you haven't done it already.

by » 5 years ago

Thursday is great for me and the time is as well. I will see you all then! I will get on Discord later today.

Thanks again & Happy Landings

by » 5 years ago

Great. See you on discord for the details of your first connection.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.