Forum

• Call Sign: FrankO (temporarily).
  • Internet Connection: ADSL 15MBits.
  • Timezone: UTC-3.
  • Availability: Week and Weekends.
  • Approximate number of flight hours: more than 100 hours.
  • Knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor: Intermediate.
  • Preferred chopper: Ka50.
  • Expectations w.r.t BSD: Fly on coordinated missions along with other helicopter pilots. Learn to completely master all the systems of the Ka-50 and become a living piece of it! I want to be able to help train other beginning players, make lots of friends and kill many enemies!
  • Re: Fernandohsilva Application

by » 5 years ago

Welcome Frank0! Any friend of TNT's is a friend of ours!

I'm sure TNT gave you the info on how we do things but I'll post anyways. Your first step is to reach out to a Unit trainer or Instructor pilot for a very informal flight(Red or Blue guys on discord). Its just to get to know you, and let you see some of what we do. You can also make sure we are a good fit for you. It lets us see where you are in your skills and what we need to work on. You should have received a welcome pack with a lot of information on the steps we go through. If not Bad should be sending it soon.

Simple radio or any mods are not needed for this flight. After the flight, as we move forward we can walk you through the Simple radio and mods if you need help with that.

Looking forward to flying with you in KA-50's Frank!

BK

by » 5 years ago

Hi FranKO.

It was fun flying with you tonight. Hope you enjoyed it despite all the exercises I asked you:

So we jumped into two cold Ka-50 and you were able to start it up. Great. Starting up a cold and dark aircraft is the best way to learn how it works. All our missions are starting with cold and dark helicopters anyway.

Then we taxied to runway 07 and line up. Good taxiing and good line up following my instructions. I think you didn't completely understood the beacon/torch procedure but that's ok. You'll have time to study that in our procedures later. Working on the radio communications though is important. But again, not necessary at the beginning.

We took off at the same time and flew heading 060 at 150km/h and 200 meters altitude. The moment I turned heading 240 you lost me and went the wrong direction. So we joined up at the airport again. 

We took off with you in lead and you were able to maintain the heading/speed/altitude on a straight flight. Good. You struggled a bit when turning, mostly on maintaining altitude. Also, you have to use your collective to climb or descend if you want to maintain the same airspeed all the time, and try not to fly the KA50 like it is an airplane. Also, be more gentle on the collective because you were shooting up in the sky like a rocker sometimes. Try to train to fly at a constant speed/altitude/heading until you are comfortable with maintaining those with the Ka50.

The pattern went ok. You lined up runway 07 final and landed at the very end of the runway. As a general rule, always land with as much HEADWIND as you can (TAILWIND is bad for helicopters, not too much for the ka50 but very bad for all the others DCS choppers).

Then we went for some basic manoeuvering like landing in a circle. You managed to land inside the circle but you need to work on your hovering and landings. Once you got your hovering rights, landing should be easy for you. There is no magic in learning hovering, you need to practice again and again.

We went to the Tarawa then and landed there. You managed to land there well. No issue.

Language wise, we managed it alright so it was not as bad as you thought. I think it should be alright. If you are happy with all this and want to keep progressing with us, let me know here and I will set you up as trainee so you can start to fly trainings with us, access the library for you to learn our procedures and start your progression.

BaDCrC.

by » 5 years ago

Hi BaDCrC
    It was a good flight, I really enjoyed the exercises ...
    It was clear what the purpose of the exercises was, it was also clear what skills I should exercise at this time to be able to fly in training.
    I'm going to focus on my private flying training with constant steering, speed and altitude.
    Also I will try not to immerse as in an airplane, it is that I am very acustumado to play Su25T.
    I will also train the hover and landings in tight, windy places.
    I also understand that I should never keep the tail wind, even if it does not affect the Ka-50 as much.
    I'll get the SRS updated.
    Over time I intend to improve my listening.
    In short, I would like to continue with the training, we will try to carry out at least one training flight per week, between Monday and Friday, always in the evening.
    Please designate who will be available to assist me in the next training, as I still have difficulties with the language, needs to be patient or understand some Portuguese, I would like to know who are the other members who can speak Portuguese and help me have a problem with language ...

Frank0
    Thank you!

by » 5 years ago

Hey Frank0! 

A warm welcome to BSD then! Sorry I was away this week. I just set you up as trainee. You should have access now to our restricted library.

To start with, have a look at the welcome guide. This should help you to kick off your "carrier" in BSD! Looking forward to fly with you soon!

by » 5 years ago

Thanks BaDCrC
    I'm reading now!
    I wonder who my IP will be?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.