Forum

Hi folks! Happy to be here : 

• your call sign : TeleMole
  • your age : 45
  • your type of internet connection and speed : Fibre and crazy fast :) 
  • your timezone : EST - located outside Toronto Canada
  • your availability during the week and or weekends : Weeknights when possible 6-11pm weekends when possible 6-11pm
  • your approximate number of flight hours already spent on DCS : 20? I'm not the best yet but a long time veteran, have VR, will improve!
  • your knowledge level with the integrated DCS Mission Editor :None but it would be great to learn to craft missions in there
  • your preferred chopper (you can love them all!) : UH-1H
  • your expectations w.r.t BSD. : 
  • - open communicative atmosphere
  • - no jerks! 
  • - cooperative environment where the pros help the newbs - hoping to be a mentor someday
  • - voice comms help learning! I have a headset and Discord and half a clue ;) 

I have been into flight sims since I was a kid and my uncle showed me f-15 on an XT PC - mind blown - since then I've tried every sim I could get my hands on and now VR has changed my world.  Im really looking forward to feeling like I'm flying for a reason - missions and usefulness add so much to the flight sim experience. 

Thanks for building a great community for this!

• Re: Application : TeleMole

by » 5 years ago

Hi Telemole.

Welcome to Black Shark Den and thanks for this introduction,

You'll find a lot of VR pilots here too. Actually, the vast majority are. Join us on Discord to get live updates on what's going on at BSD. Our flights usually take places from 8:30 pm / 9 pm weekdays, with sometime flights on the weekend. So you are good here.

We have a training program in place with instructors ready to help you. But first, join us on a training or intro flight with one or several of us. Unit trainers or IP will explain to you how things are working here and will evaluate the amount of training you need to start to fly combat missions.

We are using SimpleRadio for our comms. Don't forget to have it installed, correctly setup with a PTT key/switch assigned. We can help you if you need. There are a couple of tutorials on the forum too.

Looking forward to fly with you.

• Re: Application : TeleMole

by » 5 years ago

Welcome Telemole!

I would say most of the line pilots are VR. As Bad said first step is to get a introduction flight going. It can be any day/night as long a an Unit trainer or Instructor pilot is free. In Discord they are Blue or Red.

Its not a test so don't freak out, its more to get to know what you can do and so you can get to know us. A good time to go over controls, Simple Radio and other things like that.

Let us know when is good for you and we can set something up. Welcome to the BSD and look forward to flying with you!

BK

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.