Forum

Callsign: Cook

Connection type/speed: Cable 230 / 23 Mbps 

Time Zone: -8 GMT / PST (California)

Availability: Weekdays 6pm PST - 10 PM (Depending work and family Factors, but on almost everyday)

Weekends: Will be on if free. At least 2+ hours a day minimum.

Flight Hours: Mi-8: 500+   UH-1: 200+    Sa342: 300+    Ka50: 300+ (I'm sure it's more per airframe but never logged the time)

Mission Editor Experience: I made a few external load missions a few years back. My most advanced was bringing several different crates to a mountian location and once successfully dropped  a logging camp would spawn including various static buildings. Once the camp was made trucks would line up on the side of a road at a drop point. Logging operations would then commence and, based on a point system, once three lifts are successfully dropped the truck in front of the line would then drive off to a yard miles downrange.

Second mission was laying a pipeline for a oil company. 30+ lifts including pipe and supplies and had little room for error with predetermined points.

The last I used the editor was over a year ago to make missions before they broke the sling loading system (since been fixed). I didn't push forward due to not having anyone to do sling load ops with.

Preferred Airframe: Mi-8 due to sling load capability and logistics. I Love ALL rotorcraft and fly them ALL but mostly do external ops with the Mi-8. 

Expectations: We are rotorheads. We are a different breed and nothing needs to be said any further.

I'd like to find a organised rotorcraft group that loves DCS as much as I do and from an outside perspective it looks like this might be my place.

Some info about myself: I am a Heavy equipment operator for an underground pipeline company so this is the factor of what time I am on. Normally I am on by 6 pm PST till I hit the sack. I have my PPL for rotorcraft with over 100 hours in the R22BII and 5 hours in a R44 and 10 hours in a Schweitzer 300Cbi. I have about 45min external load time. I haven't flown in over 7 years due to costs but will change soon. I use DCS to stay current on my skills and for the love of flight. I am always willing and wanting to learn and love to spread what little knowledge I have acquired through the years. 

• Re: Application for Cook

by » 6 years ago

Hey Cook I think you have come to the right place. We usually are flying out missions at 9:00pm EST/EDT which should work out well if you are available at 6:00pm. 

So the next step is to schedule an intro flight just to get a base line of your training needs and to get to know you a little better. 

Also join us on discord to join in on some of the conversation this is where most of our pilots hang out https://discord.gg/kaayJ5z

by » 6 years ago

Was going to say the same thing Eagle did!

We're all rotorcraft here, we love them, and we take it seriously, while still having fun.  

We just all met up at our first ever reunion in Georgia (the US State), where we chartered a vietnam era UH-1 to fly us around for a half hour.  

Sounds like you've done a bit more than most regarding missions, which is great. I'm a mission design and scripting yoda if you have any questions.  

Let us know your availability so we can get a meet 'n greet intro flight together with you.  You can fly any helo you like.  We love them ALL.  

by » 6 years ago

Cook, I'm in CA also (San Jose). BSD is the place to be based on your comments, interests, and skills.  Being in CA, we are more on the West end of the world for BSD, so it is nice to see some more company out here.  Those other guys on the East coast are always going to bed early.  :-)  

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.