Forum

Heya fella pilots

My call sign is Dragoon and I'm comming from Germany UTC+2 but I have all of my systems on GMT. Should you want to look up my location

more in detail (which I highly doubtbut well I'm going to put it up anyway) would be EDDN (Nuremberg) and if you'd be so interested that it might

even get kinda scary well in this case it would be ETHR which is my closest airfield (which is the homeplate for the Edelweiß (country Police)). Ok

another thing is that I'm 27 years old writing this makes me feel like an very old hag right now. Well as you might have already guess I'm more of

british guy who likes to talk around the bush all the time. But don't worry I can flick to American English  which means for me to use either of these

words fuck, hell, shit, etc you name at least once in every sentence in a heart beat. Or to put it in nuttshell let it bleeb at least once in every

sentence. Oh boy the guy who's responsible for the censoriship will do really love me :D. Ok now with this out of the way let's talk about flying

shall we? You see as a rule of thumb as soon as something is able to get airborne be it by either a winch or by burning 160.000 tons of fuel

within 10 minutes I'm totaly into it.

To be honest I don't know how to tell you guys this without braging about this and real pilots can only bark a laughter at this but well let's

just say that I covered already way over 50,000 nm on any flight sim you can think of. But should you be in the need to kill your time with

stats looking up feel free to do so. But one word of advise you won't be able to see either the world map of my flights or the total hours

which I have already have locked so far. Well as you might have guessed it's impossible to accumulate over 50 freaking thousend of miles

in one day. Should you be able to do this you're either at 240.000 Meters with at least mach 22.1 or flying the fastes jet with infinite fuel

with over mach 2.1. So yeah I literally covered the world at least once. I crosed the Atlantic Ocean a couple of times did a pants wetning

scarry landing into KAI TAC (Former Honkong International Airport) with the famous Checkerboard approach and did a really good

crash landing into the mount everest base camp (LUKLA) where I were also able to take off later on. And last but not least I'd either

blow up the Gorge W. Bush CV (don't ask me about the CV code number here) or crash landed the F/A-18C into the USN Saratoga

(every touchdown with a vs over -500ftm is a crashlanding for me). Well with the exception for the MIL flights and the LUKLA landing

I'm used to fly literally all the time with ATC. Speaking about ATC the ATC in DCS (~30h best guess)is almost as bad as in BMS (~100h best guess here

as well) which makes you wanting to either kill the controller or your self when you hear a "STING 1-1 READY FOR TAKE-OFF" from the ramp

while just asking for taxi clearence. And the ATC response with "STING 1-1 TAXI" ARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHH!!!!!!! *Cogh* Er yeah well anyway

here are the links for my Vatsim (civil) flight logs https://vataware.com/pilot/1195594 https://stats.vatsim.net/search_id.php?id=1195594. So as you can

see I already flew quite a lot which brings me to my next point. Since I'm my personal goal is to become a MEDIVAC pilot for either the NH-90 or

the UH-60 my personal "way of avaition" is flying as real as it gets with the exception of an OR which I'm too afraid to use. That's also the main reason

why I chosed the UH-1D er sorry I meant the Hotel version as my first purchased DCS airframe and the SA342 as my second one. However since

I can't stand "unprecise" controlls I prefer the SA342M over the UH-1D. Don't get me wrong my fella UH-1H pilots but I wanted to learn how to

operate an Helicopter with precise inputs and not to kinda fight the heli the same way as if'd try to win a dogfight in the "circle of death" with the

F-16 against an Mig 21 with way more engery than the Falcon. Anyway since I'm over 3,500 nm away from the main hub I guess I'll be able to

get airborne during the weekends or the week if the missions are taking place at a reasonable time. But one word of a "warning" my life is about  to

be majorly  turned up-side-down so I'm affraid that I'm unable to either tell you my future internet conection nor the availible time. Since I do want

to earn my money as a ramp agent I can't provide you with any infos on that either. But for the moment I'm haveing an 100k bandwith which only

grants me 33k (last time checked (09.03). Well since the Mission Editor is a hell of a lot more complicated in DCS compared to the TE (Tactial Engagement)

Editor I'm kinda lost here. Especaily when it comes to triggers. How the hell do they work and how can I set them up accordingly? But right now I'm

in the process of figuring out how the ME works. So far I have been able to create a simple TE where a SA-13 protecs some T-55s and some MLRS. Those

are suposed to be engaged by the M2A2 Abrams and some Paladins but yeah Sochi isn't exactly the best place for an invasion....

Ok last but not least I'd like to mention that I'd love to learn how to opperate the SA342 by heart and by book (procedures and OH MY BLEEP GOD

ARE YOU BLEEP KIDDING ME CHECKLISTS ARE YOU NUTTS?!). Other than that I'd like to mention that any ground personal who doesn't want

to commit suicide should be clear of the tail of my heli for at least 50 or even more mesters or 1 meter in front of the heli (safest place atm :D) during

the tail airtaxi *cogh* er I meant hover check. But as soon as I'm airborne I'm can maintain a decent airtaxi and a decent hover as long as it doesn't

come to mask and unmaks behind a tree line. That's the momentwhere you'll be able to hear my fluent american english which I mentioned above. And

the most important thing of all is I want to be able to execute anAutorotation by the book with the Gazelle. Other than that I know a few brewity

terms like e. g. fence in, fomation stagered left/right, echelon l/r, mud spike, sam launch, defendending etc. Furthermore I hate cheating (looking

up the map during an TE is nothing less then a cheat for me. Which means my only way to get to an either hot LZ or to the stike point is by either

vfr navigaion, ADF/VORTAGs or the NADIR but since I can only undstand bonjour in french I don't know literally sh*t about this thing. But I guess

I'll hit up the tutorials once more again to get the NADIR down by heart. Ah yeah talking about tutorials the SA342 does really needs some

dummies otherwise Batumi will be get obliberated at least a couple of times once more.

Since I wrote and introduction which is worthy to be put into a funny book I guess I'll stop right here. I hope you bare with me if not everything is 100 %

correct. Last but not forgotten I'd like to mention my gratitude for Wolf (BK) who went on a TE with me. Which was really fun to fly with you and I'm still

saying that opperating the SA342M by SOP is only best guess. Just like this  "JOCKER (Real Callsign for the German Army) 1-1 push 3 course errrr 26" XD.

Best Wishes and always happy landings

Chris "Dragoon" Lübi

PS.: here is the compact list:

Call Sign: Dragoon

Internet: DSL 100k (ATM)

Timezone: UTC+2 but everything is coordinated in GMT

On base: During the week at a reasonable time (1600z-2000z) or during the weekend

Flight hours in DCS: ~30h most of them on the A10C ~60%

DCS ME: absolute beginner ATM but working on it to become at least desent

Favourite Heli: SA342 I FREAKING BLEEP LOVE THIS BIRD but the BO 105 would be on place 1. Should by any chance the NH-90 released

I'd only fly this bird anymore.

Expectaions w. r. t. BSD: Learning to opperate the SA342 by the book (hovercheck, checklists, Emergency procedures)

Inoffical test flight: Done with Wolf (BK)

• Re: Well Dragoon found it's way to BSD. (introduction)

by » 6 years ago

What a awesome introduction! Well done sir and welcome to the BlackSharkDen.

My flight time with Dragoon was well, a lot of fun. He is a very skilled pilot, knows his A/C and weapons. I think he will fit right in with us. Time zone may be an issue during the week but weekend missions will work better. Glad to have you with us. 

Thank you said by:

by » 6 years ago

Hi Dragoon and welcome. You just deserve the BSD world record of the longest presentation. I have to say I had a good time reading it. And Yes, I did read it to the end!

I know BK told you that already, but we are working on GMT-5. We do have flight during the weekend if possible, but it is not on a regular basis.

We will need to have you go through a more formal flight check since I can see you have very little experience of DCS and DCS Helicopters. Also, if you are still happy to fly with us, we will have to set you up with the BSD mods and Simple Radio. We have a training program too that will allow you to grasp all the fun of hover flight. It is not targeted at a specific airframe. To learn the Gazelle or the Huey, you have to go through the manual again and again. But we might be able to answer some questions and help you if required.

Looking forward to fly with you soon.

Thank you said by:

by » 6 years ago

Thanks for the Reward laughing. And I'm impressed about your stamina guys. If I had to read something like this in e. g. German I'd probably say I need

either a drink, a beer, a wine, a latte machiato or all of them combined to make it trough it. Well don't get me wrong I have aproximately over 100h on

helis in X-Plane 10 where I flew back and forth trough germany tried to extinguish a couple of forest fires which felt more like camp fires to me and

where I got lost in the netherlands. I thought it would be a great idear to fly out from EHAM (Amsterdam Shippol) the equivalent of KORD (iirc Chicago O'Harre)

and got lost a couple of times on my way to EHRD (Rotterdam) in the B412. By the way did you guys knew that that this part of the Netherlands has

more rivers than roadtracks? And should you guys by any chance get lost here in germany I'd recomend to simply just follow the freeways. They will

in 90% of the cases always end up pretty close to an airport or an airfield.

Regarding the "evaluation flight" I could either offer tomorrow, tuesday or from thursday onwards.

by » 6 years ago

Evaluation flight was done. There should be no need for another. You should now move on to others, Mods, Simple radio and so on.

by » 6 years ago

I was gonna read your entire presentation but I ran out of beer.

Welcome to BSD regardless!

by » 6 years ago

Just a word to have everybody on the same level. I am usually a bit reluctant to have EU pilot's because of the time difference. It's complicated to have them trained regularly. But I am fully trusting BK for pilot's evaluation and he was pretty adamant with your skills despite your limited experience, I believe having you trained to RL2 should be pretty quick and you will be able to fly with us in no time. I believe BK, if he got enough time, will take care of that. 

by » 6 years ago

I will, as soon as he feels ready to do so. Some of it he has down, we can work on the rest. It should be an easy thing to get to RL2.

Bad you need to make Dragoon a badge or medal for the longest, best intro ever! :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.